Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Birthday Party!

I came to the realization today that it is about time to have that talk with my daughter about being thankful for what people do for you, and give you.  Although today was a very happy day for all of us, she had an issue with a lot of what I was doing.  It started with the fact that she wasn't getting a birthday party this year.  Then went to the fact that I made cupcakes instead of a cake.  After that it was the decorations.  Oh man!!!  I finally sat her down and told her mommy was working very hard to make her day speacial, and that it hurt my feelings that nothing seemed good enough to her.  She apologized, and agreed that everything was nice, and that she was indeed grateful.  WHEEW! 

So,her day went like this, mommy woke her up with a birthday princess song.

She proceeded to the dinning room where she was greeted by the breakfast of her choice:
Mixed berry muffins
 mixed berry smoothie
and strawberries
Then lunch proceed her opening her presents from mommy and daddy, which was :
Spinach, and strawberry salads with grilled chicken on top.
 
Then Aunt Amanda and Uncle Joe {one of the kids favorite couples}came over with MORE presents. 
Then, we have this tradition that the birthday guy or girl gets to pick the meals for the day {With-in reason}.
So for dinner we had:
Grilled chicken
fresh fruit salad {With strawberries, apples, bananas and grapes}
salt and vinegar potatoes
romaine salad
 
Do you see the pattern here?  She is by far my healthiest eater!
 Isn't she lovely when she wakes up?  LOL!
 Daddy reading her birthday card from Mommy and daddy!
 "Piggy slippers...  WHAT?  These are my favorite!"  That's what she was saying when she saw them! 
 Her loot from mommy, plus her Barbie backpack that she just couldn't wait to use to start school, so she got that almost a month early.  LOL!
 PIGGY SLIPPERS!!!
 Uncle joe and Aunt Amanda's gift time!
 These are some of our favorite peoples! 
 The kids LOVE them!  Aunt Amanda reading the card they gave her.
 Time to see what's in this box.
 YAY!!! Tangled and it's a nightgown!  Her favorite!
 Sunglasses, have I mentioned she LOVES accessories!


 Starwberry cupcakes, with mixed berry cream cheese frosting
 Blow 'em out!!!
LOL, I love this girl, and can't believe she is already 6.  Where has the time gone? 

Mommy's facebook message to my princess:
6 years ago today I held my babygirl for the first time. She was everything I expected she would be, and as the emotions flooded in that day, I realized she was everything I hoped she would be and more. I was and am, so in love with this little girl that it isn't funny. She is the funniest, prettiest, little diva there is. :) happy 6th birthday princess Nevaeh. :) — with William Parker
 


No comments: