Friday, January 5, 2018

Dade's Birthday!

How do I have a 14 year old?

When did this happen?
He can now go to church dances, and he loves science.  I still see glimpses of my sweet little boy who referred to his friends as "my guys", and would tell his Pre K teachers that mom was just having 1 baby this time, in there.  But on the other side of things, I see so much more.  I see a whole new world opening up for him, as he starts new adventures.  This fall he will enter into high-school, go to Seminary, and I am sure there will be more church dances, as he has learned they normally serve junk food (something he isn't allowed much at home). 

14...  14 years that I have loved this kiddo.
14 birthdays we have celebrated.
14 cakes I have made just for him.
14 years of teaching (both him and I).
only 4 more years for him to be mine, and I will have to send him off to be in the world.
*commence tears here
2010
2009
2011
2012
2013
2014 West Point, NY
2015 Highland Falls, NY

2016 Busch Gardens, Florida

2017 Florida
He made me a momma, he has taught me how to be good at it too.  There are so many things I could say to him, but words don't do my love for him any justice.  I hope he always knows how much I love him, and he carries that with him, through all his trials!  Happy 14th Birthday Dader's! <3 p="">

No comments: