Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prayer

My daughter who is now 4 almost five has been asked to say more of our prayers.  One day she asks me, "Mom, how do you know what to say?"  I told her, "well, you talk to him like you talk to your friends".  It dawned on me right then that my dinner prayer, and family prayer was almost always the same.  It had its variances, but for the most part always sounded the same as if it was rehearsed.  Although I LOVE that my kids love to pray, I don't want them to think that there are certain things you HAVE to say each time.  {Does that make sense?}  Otherwise, I don't want thier prayers to be rehearsed.  I found this picture this week on an LDS site I was on, and it spoke just those same words to me.  So we printed one for each room in a 8x10 frame.  So now, right there on thier bedroom wall, is the answers {along with tons of artwork, scribbles, etc}  Thought I would share!!! 

No comments: